Smart Life Funeral Benefit Disclosures for EasyPay Everywhere Card Holders
1. SMART LIFE FUNERAL BENEFIT DISCLOSURES FOR EASYPAY EVERYWHERE CARD HOLDERS
- The Smart Life Insurance Company Limited ("Smart Life") is authorised as a category I Financial Services Provider (FSP 45983). The license authorises Smart Life to provide financial services with respect to funeral/assistance assurance (subcategory 1.1. - Long-term Insurance: Category A), risk cover (subcategories 1.3 and 1.20. - Long-term Insurance: Categories B1 & B2) and single premium investments (subcategory 1.4. - Long-term Insurance Category C).
- Smart Life is a registered long-term insurance company and does not have any contracts with other product providers and it does not earn any income from other product providers. Smart Life does not own shares in any other product provider.
- Smart Life can be contacted at the following contact details: The Smart Life Insurance Company Limited, 3rd Floor President Place, Corner Jan Smuts Avenue and Bolton Road, Rosebank. Telephone: 011 343 2133 and/or on Fax: 086 212 8254
- Moonstone Compliance (Pty) Ltd is Smart Life's compliance
practice on record and can be contacted at: 25 Quantum Street,
Techno Park, Stellenbosch, 7600. Tel: 021 883 8000 / Fax: 021 883
E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
2. YOUR COVER
- Please note the following information regarding your policy:
- Policy Holder - Net1 Applied Technologies South Africa (PTY) LTD
- Insured life - EasyPay Everywhere card holder only
- Cover Amount - R 2 500.00
- Premium payable - R 0.00 (this is a value added benefit for EasyPay Everywhere card holders)
- Waiting period - no waiting periods applicable
3. PROVISION OF BENEFIT
- The benefit will only be provided to the claimant upon the death of the card holder
- The benefit will not be payable in a case where the card was not active (not in use) for a period longer than one (1) month prior to the date of death
- In the event of the death of an insured person (EPE card holder) we will need a Smart Life completed signed claim form, a copy of the death certificate, BI-1663 (notice of death), and copy of identity for the insured person and the claimant, claimant certified bank statement/letter not older than three (3) months and a signed affidavit proofing the relationship.
- To lodge a claim send the above mentioned required documents either via email to : email@example.com or fax to 086 212 8254. Should the claimant require further assistance he/she can contact one of our consultants on 011 343 2133 or SMS "claim" to 43748 and we will call you back.
- We will not accept any claims lodged more than 3 months (90 days) after the date of death of the insured person.
- The proceeds of the claim paid under this policy in respect of the insured life insured will only be paid to the next of kin of the insured life.
- Should you wish to lodge a complaint against Smart Life or any of its representatives/employees, please do so in writing by either sending an email to : firstname.lastname@example.org or sending a fax to 086 212 8254. Alternatively SMS "complaint" to 43748 and well will call you back. A copy of our complaints policy is available at your request.
- If you are not satisfied with our response to your complaint
you can refer the matter to either:
The Ombudsman for Long-term Insurance
PO Box 45007
Phone: 021 657 5000
Fax: 021 657 0951
The FAIS Ombud
PO Box 74571
Phone: 012 470 9080
Fax: 012 348 3447