Secure mobile technologies for enabling value-added applications and data-services over wired and wireless networks.
Through its 2006 acquisition of Prism, Net1 gained telecoms expertise extending from the Prism SIM product range to back-end application gateway servers. This is underpinned by cryptographic technology ensuring end-to-end bank-level security as required by financial institutions, global card associations and consumers.
Net1 offers a range of industry-standard and bespoke GSM / U(SIM) products and solutions across numerous silicon providers, architectures and frameworks under the Prism brand.
The Prism industry compliant telecommunications product family extends across multiple technologies encompassing 32K, 64K, 128K and 256K products on both ROM and FLASH based platforms, providing a highly customizable framework for proprietary customer / Operator requirements.
Net1 owns and operates a specifically equipped, world standard smart card and SIM card manufacturing facility in Johannesburg, South Africa which is ISO 9002, SABS, Visa and GSM SAS accredited. Smart cards and SIM cards are manufactured at this facility to fulfill supply agreements with Net1's Africa-based customers. Annual capacity ranges from 12 to 15 million smart / SIM cards dependent on shifts run.
In addition to the direct and global supply of its extensive GSM product range, Net1, through Prism, has been successfully providing its entire product range, related Value Added Services and associated applications available on a licensing basis for several years now.
The partnerships we have and the associations, forums and alliances to which we belong support our position as a leader within this space.
- Prism joined the SIMalliance as the 8th member in February 2003 and is an active participant in the Smart Phone SIM API Work Group.
- Prism has been a European Telecommunications Standards Institute (ETSI) member since April 2003.
- Prism joined the Silicon Trust in July 2004 - the Trust is an Infineon Technologies Partner Relationship Platform.
- Riscure is a Prism security partner involved in evaluating the security of our latest SIM technology. Extensive security penetration testing is performed with their advanced JCworkBench security tool in order to test our new 3G SIM platform for potential vulnerabilities. Riscure is a Security Lab based in Europe which specializes in the security of smart card and mobile device technologies.
Our Products include:
- GSM Products & Licensing
- Transaction Security:
- Payment Terminals:
Our U.E.P.S. Technology Offering Incorporates:
- U.E.P.S. Technology
- Mobile Banking
- Prepaid Utilities
- Social Grant Benefit Payment
- Salary and Wage Payments
- Cash Advances
- Third Party Deductions
- Pension Collection and Distribution
Our Services include:
- Transaction Management Services
- Hosting: EasyPay hosts payment servers and applications on behalf of third parties including financial institutions.
- Settlement & Reconciliation: EasyPay provides a complete reconciliation and settlement service to its business partners, including dynamic reconciliation, report and screen-query tools for down-to-store-level management and control purposes.
- Third Party Switching & Processing Support: EasyPay switches transactions from retail POS systems to the relevant back-end systems for Third Parties.
- Prepaid Electricity: Enables the vending of prepaid electricity for electricity utilities such as Eskom and a growing number of local authorities on a national basis.
- Bill Payment: EasyPay's consumer bill payment service introduced at retail POS over 13 years ago is integrated into a large number of national retailers, mobile channels and is available on www.easypay.co.za.
- Prepaid Airtime: EasyPay vends airtime at retail POS for MTN, Vodacom, Cell C and Telkom.