Net1 technology has played an integral role in enabling the utilities industry in South Africa to supply secure and convenient prepaid electricity to consumers countrywide.
Within the U.E.P.S. system, the S2S Prepaid Utilities application enables the transfer of prepaid units and information to metering devices (water/electricity meters). Un-banked and under-banked consumers can simply load electronic prepaid units onto a prepaid utilities wallet on the U.E.P.S. smart card. When water or electricity is required in the home, the cardholder inserts the smart card into the appropriate meter, the meter selects the prepaid wallet and the number of units purchased is loaded into the meter's memory.
Via EasyPay, the company has forged strong relationships with local municipalities throughout SA. These relationships originated with the launch of the EasyPay Third Party Bill Payments service which was developed and initiated in 1992 to facilitate the payment of Cape Town municipal accounts for water, electricity and rates at Pick 'n Pay outlets.
EasyPay processes monthly account payments for approximately 200 different bill issuers including major local authorities, telcos, utilities, medical services, traffic departments, mail order houses, banks and insurance companies.
EasyPay vends prepaid electricity for Eskom on a national basis, ensuring the availability of prepaid vending to any consumer, from any contracted utility, at any EasyPay pay-point. EasyPay Prepaid Electricity vending is done in full compliance with the National Rationalization Standard (NRS) and the Common Vending System (CVS) standards. The Incognito TSM2XX hardware security module is used in pre-paid electricity Credit Dispending Units (CDUs) across SA.
Net1 is a long-standing member of the STS Association and was a core contributor to setting the Standard Transfer System (STS) standards.
EasyPay is a member of AMEU (Association of Municipal Electricity Undertakings SA).
Our U.E.P.S. Technology Offering Incorporates:
- U.E.P.S. Technology
- Prepaid Utilities
- Social Grant Benefit Payment
- Pension Collection and Distribution
- Salary and Wage Payments
- Cash Advances
- Third Party Deductions
Our Services include:
- Transaction Management Services
- Bill Payment: EasyPay's consumer bill payment service introduced at retail POS over 13 years ago is integrated into a large number of national retailers, mobile channels and is available on www.easypay.co.za.
- Prepaid Electricity: Enables the vending of prepaid electricity for electricity utilities such as Eskom and a growing number of local authorities on a national basis.
- Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT): EasyPay switches credit, debit and fleet card EFT transactions for leading South African retailers and petroleum companies.
- Hosting: EasyPay hosts payment servers and applications on behalf of third parties including financial institutions.
- Settlement & Reconciliation: EasyPay provides a complete reconciliation and settlement service to its business partners, including dynamic reconciliation, report and screen-query tools for down-to-store-level management and control purposes.
- Third Party Switching & Processing Support: EasyPay switches transactions from retail POS systems to the relevant back-end systems for Third Parties.